open cookies

Alfred Perlstein bright at mu.org
Sun Nov 16 21:22:59 PST 2003

I'm starting to do the gruntwork of getting us per-open cookies for
file operations.  If someone can explain what needs to be done that
would speed things up. :)

If you're unclear as to what I'm talking about, what I mean is the
"private_data" field in Linux's "struct file".

Please keep me cc'd as this is the only list I'm currently subscribed
to.

My main question is... should the cookies be returned from VOP_CREATE,
VOP_LOOKUP, VOP_MKNOD, etc.. (all the ones that have and OUT/INOUT of
*vpp) or should we only care about VOP_OPEN?

--
- Alfred Perlstein
- Research Engineering Development Inc.