Re: PS3 Support Query

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 09:31:39 UTC
Am 2024-01-19 19:03, schrieb Warner Losh:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm wondering who is using FreeBSD/powerpc64 on a PS3 still? I tried to
> bring a PS3 off ebay up and was unsuccessful. Seems like hardware mods
> are required?

IIRC it depends on an old PS3 OS version which still allows to run linux
(at some point Sony removed that support).  AFAIR it was not intended to
take over the complete control of the PS3.

So you would not only have to get the reare luck of getting a PS3, you
would need to get one with an very outdated OS.

This are just memories just from a bystanders view, I never had a PS3.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander@Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF