Re: sound(4) purge candidates

From: Christos Margiolis <christos_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:49:46 UTC
Joel Dahl wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 07:32:50PM +0200, Christos Margiolis wrote:
> > I compiled the following list of PCI drivers that we could possibly
> > purge. I've included the drivers that have either never been referenced
> > in NYC*BUG dmesgd [1] or whose last reference is prior to 2010.
>
> FWIW, I still have my old snd_es137x, snd_fm801, snd_solo, snd_csa, and snd_cmi cards. I
> test them from time to time and they still work (about ~2 years ago at least).

Interesting. I would expect the drivers to work, as you said, but the
rationale behind my email is more like, do we want to keep supporting
these cards in the first place? Is there demand for them? Ed got rid of
the ISA drivers a while ago as well, so I'm thinking whether we might
want to start cleaning up our PCI drivers as well.

Christos