Re: Future of 32-bit platforms (including i386)

From: Rebecca Cran <rebecca_at_bsdio.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 23:10:14 UTC
On 4/27/23 17:50, Jessica Clarke wrote:

> I don’t know where to start with this other than to give an emphatic no to almost all of what you said, or at least the bits for which meaning can be extracted. Regardless, this is not the place for such pie-in-the-sky discussions; if you want to theorise about weird and wacky computer architectures then please take it elsewhere.

It's hard enough to get it right when there's a single instruction set,
as with Arm's big.LITTLE.

For example: https://www.mono-project.com/news/2016/09/12/arm64-icache/

I've also heard of problems of programs crashing due to instructions
supported on one core type not being supported on the other.

--

Rebecca Cran