Re: LGPL code in /usr/tests?

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 13:56:21 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jan 2022 at 13:06, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> All of that is covered by our existing practice of storing LGPL code in src/gnu/lib. We cover it in the handbook already. Since it is publicly available forever, storing it there will have no impact that's any different than libdialog or libreadline has has in the past.

gnu/ isn't the right place - build infrastructure exists in
src/gnu/lib, but the GPL/LGPL source itself lives in contrib/diff and
contrib/dialog. Those two are the only remaining GPL/LGPL userland
components, and both are on the way out. I suspect the right place for
the proposed library's build infrastructure is beside the tests that
will use it.