SeBSD sync dates - too many trees

Dingo dingo at microbsd.net
Sat Nov 26 15:57:59 GMT 2005

It seems I might be looking a bit backwards at this. Scott Long
mentioned that FreeBSD source tree was synced to the TrustedBSD tree
around 7/10/05, but looking at a Makefile in the tgz he dropped me I see

# $FreeBSD: src/Makefile,v 1.318 2005/03/02 12:33:22 harti Exp $

which is dated 3/2/05, so If im working to bring SeBSD to 6.0 RELEASE Id
imagine a FreeBSD cvs co of the date and a diff between your current
tree and the freebsd tree would extract a patch of all the extra SeBSD
additions youve placed on top of a freebsd tree. Yet a Makefile from
07/10/05 shows

# $FreeBSD: src/Makefile,v 1.319 2005/06/16 18:16:12 ru Exp $

which is the same as 6.0-RELEASE, So the question is, how can I extract
the SeBSD additions to a standard FreeBSD tree and from what date, or
possibly even apply what makes up the addition of a SeBSD tree to a
6.0-RELEASE tree? Basically what im trying to do is discover the major
differences between the modifications you make to FreeBSD, and the
differences of change in the pre-6.0 RELEASE and 6.0-RELEASE so I can
start to tackle the nmount/mount issue a bit more easily. Im also trying
to "maintain" this in a local cvs tree along with a modified development
tree version of FreeBSD I currently have. Basically Ive got a working
copy of three like "FreeBSD" trees, and Id like to potentially merge
these works/or pieces of them together as I continue development work on
the nmount/mount issue and work to address the state of SeBSD to a more
current".