Questions about TrustedBSD

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 28 12:27:14 GMT 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, OutBack Dingo wrote:

> Uhmm Whats the date the snapshot of 6.0 was taken cause CARP isnt in
> SeBSD... seems the 6.0 CURRENT tree your in is a bit dated.

We maintain several FreeBSD-related development trees in Perforce for
TrustedBSD-related work.

Branch             Contents                       Last integration date
trustedbsd         Integration base               20050530
trustedbsd_audit3  Audit development tree         20041102
trustedbsd_mac     Mandatory access control tree  20050530
trustedbsd_sebsd   SEBSD development tree         20041102

In general, changes flow along the following paths:

   FreeBSD vendor
        \
         \
      TrustedBSD base
           \
            \_____________
             \            \
              \         TrustedBSD audit3
               \
           TrustedBSD MAC
                 \
                  \
              TrustedBSD SEBSD

We plan to integrate the base branch in the next week, along with the MAC
and audit3 branches.  SEBSD will follow once we've corrected any nits in
the current SEBSD ISO drop.  Audit3 will most likely be the most difficult
to update, as it contains the largest number of changes with respect to
the base FreeBSD distribution, such as extensive system call table
changes.  We've been holding off on integrating SEBSD because the primary
work going on in the branch was to update the FLASK/TE pieces from NSA,
rather than the FreeBSD pieces.  The next SEBSD ISO release will probably
be based on 6.0-RELEASE.

Robert N M Watson
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at trustedbsd.org