Questions about TrustedBSD

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Sat Jun 25 12:53:40 GMT 2005

Robert Watson wrote:

> I've just placed the 20050624 SEBSD-6.0 release candidate ISO on
> http://www.trustedbsd.org/sebsd.html.

Thanks for the extensive explanation and for the snapshot. I've
downloaded it and installed it in a Vmware environment, and it works
fine, but there is a big amount of strange messages during boot. (after
dmesg, while the rc scripts are running)
For example:

avc: denied { setattr } for pid=454 comm=getty inode=60 ,
mountpoint=/dev, scontext=system_u;system_r;init_t
tcontext=system_u;object_r;tty_device_t tclass=chr_file

I guess these are some kind of MAC-related messages, but is it normal
with a default install?

>> 5, The documentation is pretty rough on the homepage. How can I learn
>> more about the TrustedBSD project?
>

> This is an accurate observation.  Some of the papers there are still
> quite relevant, and there is a fair amount of documentation floating
> around. However, there's relatively little user-oriented
> documentation.  I have high hopes that, among other things, we'll
> shortly have a Google summer-of-code intern who will be interested in
> helping out with this.
>
> Help from you and others in working to improve the documentation would
> be much appreciated.

I would be happy too if I could contribute some useful documentation to
the project but I'm not sure I have the knowledge to do that. I try to
get to know the SEBSD and the MAC framework via the pieces of informaion
there's around the Net, but You know, I don't have a good starting
point. I'm really interested, however. We'll see what I can do...

Thanks,

Gábor Kövesdán
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at trustedbsd.org