/etc/security/audit_warn -- where to log to by default?

fergus fergus at cobbled.net
Wed Jan 26 19:06:11 GMT 2005

On 26.01-13:07, Adam C. Migus wrote:
[ ... ]
> How about 1 syslogd process reading from multiple devices each with the
> appropriate label implemented as a common label-aware syslogd process
> that demonstrates the ability to read from multiple devices, each with
> it's own label but on the premis that before it reads the message from
> device with label X it creates a child with label X which is capable of
> processing the message(s) in question.

this would have to be done in the userland process as it would
be difficult to have the kernel monitor and manually switch
the label based on message being accessed.  and, if that were
possible i don't see that we'd need multiple devices.  if it
is a userland function then it would be no different than
giving the process the privilage to switch labels.

perhaps i'm mis-understanding the suggestion.

--
: fergus cameron                :   [ .]        cobbled    :
: ^^^^^^@cobbled.net            : [ ~][ ]             .net :