FYI: TrustedBSD at BSDCan

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 28 20:39:31 GMT 2005

Mentioned in an earlier e-mail, but here it is more specifically --
several members of the TrustedBSD team will be at BSDCan in mid-May.  You
can learn more about the conference at:

     http://www.bsdcan.org/

This is a pretty neat technical conference relating to *BSD -- very grass
roots, and good content.  Based on last year's experience, I can recommend
it highly!  We'll be presenting on two topics:

- The Darwin/FreeBSD/OpenBSM audit implementation -- what it does, how it
   works, why you should care, etc.  We'll be doing the first formal
   OpenBSM release shortly before the conference.

- A presentation on the SEBSD work -- the port of the SELinux FLASK/TE
   implementation to FreeBSD, and experimental work to bring it to Darwin.
   This will contain some background on the TrustedBSD MAC Framework, what
   SEBSD does, how we adapted it for FreeBSD, and some ways you can use it.

Among other people, Chris Vance, Scott Long, Tom Rhodes, Matthew Dodd,
Christian Peron, and I will be there.  We'll be participating in the
FreeBSD developer summit, conference proceedings, BoFs, and maybe get a
WIP or two in, and so on.

Hope to see you there also!

Robert N M Watson
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at trustedbsd.org