Level of activity

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 27 18:31:29 GMT 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:01:16 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Davour <ante at Update.UU.SE> wrote:

> Thanks for the information!
>
> I have read about MAC in the manpages, and not really understood what
> can be done with it. I loaded a few of the modules into my newly
> compiled FreeBSD5.3 kernel and didn't really grasp how it could be used.
> There are not much to find on the net. I guess that the tools to make
> use of the infrastructure is not yet finished.

Have you read the handbook chapter we have?  I'd be extremely
interested in hearing about any likely deficiencies.

> What would interest me greatly is some way to get a better audit trail,
> and logging of activities on my system. I really like that feature of
> Windows NT, whatever else faults it has.

Yes, there is a lot of work being done in this area, as Robert
has already explained.  There is also an in-progress document
on it if you would like to preview it.  :)

--
Tom Rhodes
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at trustedbsd.org