personal firewall like module

Sebastian Schoeberl bsd at myshell.de
Thu Jan 22 01:49:24 GMT 2004

Hello all together,

soeme time ago I started writing a kind of personal firewall
for freeBSD. I used the MAC framework for doing this. (By the
way, this framework is great)

I will be able to do a beta release soon (still alpha).
The module now has the facility to block network access on
the basis of the UID, the applikation and the accessed port.
In my opinion this could be used by administrators to control
their users, or as part of a more complex security system.

Now I would like to ask you, if it make sense to write such an
access control mechanism in your eyes.

The code can be found here:
www.myshell.de/data/pfw.htm

Thank you for your time