buildworld failure

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 8 23:15:42 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Anthony Schneider wrote:

>         I am trying to build the latest cvsup'd MAC tree, and
> it fails in building gcc with "attempt to use poisoned malloc/
> calloc/realloc/strdup".  The full error is below.  Is there a
> way for me as a temporary "fix" to just not include gcc as a
> buildworld target?  is it used in the buildworld process at
> all?
>
> also, this seemed at the time of writing to be the most
> appropriate mailing list.  kindly direct me to a more
> appropriate list if one exists.

This is probably the right list.  I haven't seen this build error -- what
version of FreeBSD are you trying to build from?  I typically build the
trustedbsd_mac branch using FreeBSD 5.0 or a 5.x snapshot off the vendor
CVS head.  I heard recently that there were some problems with the
Perforce synchronization to the cvsup server, so you might want to try
updating and see if that helps.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories