FYI on TrustedBSD documentation updates, other news

Ilmar S. Habibulin ilmar at watson.org
Mon Apr 21 08:37:35 GMT 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Robert Watson wrote:

I have some questions.

> - Move to a label database separate from the login class database to
>   improve flexibility.
Would compartments have human-readable format in text representation?

> - Revisit out handling of TTY labels as set at login, our current approach
>   has a number of serious limitations.
Can you describe these limitations please.

> - Add variant symlink support to handle poly-instantiation handling of
>   /tmp, et al.
Is it something instead of MultiLevelDirectories? Maybe it is better to
implement MLDs?

> - Improve networking integration for carrying labels over the network,
>   IPsec support, etc.
There is some issue with network packet labeling using IPSEC, which i
couldn't resolve. I can provide some policy for interoperability of 2
peers with certain labels. But how to handle Client-Server operations with
multiple clients having different labels? IPSEC doesn't have functionality
to transfer label information from client to server. Maybe this should be
done by some daemons, like racoon?