HEADS UP: PERFORCE change 8204 for review (fwd)

Ilmar S. Habibulin ilmar at watson.org
Fri Mar 29 09:12:16 GMT 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Robert Watson wrote:

> The TrustedBSD MLS and Biba implementations will remain, so updating that
> code is a good idea.  The label size issue should resolve itself once a
> little more infrastructure is in place.
Ok, then lets discuss label text and in-kernel representation a little
bit. Should compartments be part of ranges or only single label? I've
choosen the second variant.
And what about text label representation? How should it look like? Is
something like <policy>/<level>[<compartment>](<range>), where
<policy> - biba,mls;
<level> - high,low,equal,etc;
<compartment> - comma-separated text strings (they will form bitmap);
<range> - equal to <level>.

For ex.: biba/level_1[comp_a,comp_b,comp_d](low-high)