Heads up on trustedbsd_mac branch integration

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 30 03:58:39 GMT 2002

The merge actually went quite well, and I have several machines running
the new kernel with apparent stability.  Since the MAC tree is now in sync
with the main FreeBSD tree, I'll begin merging aspects of the MAC code in
the next day or two.  I've gone ahead and committed system call stubs, so
it should be possible to run a MAC userland on the base FreeBSD kernel w/o
MAC modifications and not have the system fail to boot due to missing
system calls.  This should permit easier switching between kernels to do
bug testing while we prepare the integration to the main tree.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories