What's the status of the project?

Andrew R. Reiter arr at watson.org
Wed Jun 13 14:58:11 GMT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Ilmar S. Habibulin wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Robert Watson wrote:
>
> > take this task on, I'd certainly welcome that.  Andrew Reiter was looking
> > at design considerations, but I think he has been stalled due to
> > circumstances beyond his control :-).

ya... :-/

> I have only some experience in MAC implementation. ;-) I'll read audit
> chapter of the draft, but i don't think that i can take this task. Maybe
> we can exchange opinions - i have nonposix implementation with audit flags
> on files and kernel messages on file access, logged via syslog.
> As i remember, your posix audit implementation logged quite everything.
> There was too much information, and logs grew rapidly.

I basically just started creating a file that had listed a number of known
audit implementations with descriptions of the implementation if I could
get it.  It also had a number of questions that I felt were important to
answer before coming out with any sort of design plan.  Anyway, the file
has not been updated in a long time.  I was told I would receive some
feedback from some of the argus guys... but nothing :-(

The url for the file is: http://www.watson.org/~arr/audit-essentials

Im still interested in helping out on this... whether it be some coding or
design ideas.

Andrew