Introduction/Who am I schpiel u know the drill

j j at pihkal.com
Wed Feb 7 00:41:37 GMT 2001

Hi I'm jobe.  Not sure who's on this list other than rwatson and awr so I
figured I'd introduce myself to everyone other than awr.  I started
getting into security around 1995 or so, didn't really know anything about
security until late 1996, early 1997 (heh).  Around 1997 I started working
on a hardened freebsd kernel largely based on the work Tom Ptacek (Asriel)
did with his "Hardening the 4.4BSD kernel", and it was pretty sucessful...
Atleast it was never compromised (even though it was madly vulnerable =).
I remember having discussions with rwatson about what was going on with
FreeBSD hardening efforts (altough he probably doesn't remember, no
grudges mate ;) a few years ago.  I'm really interested in getting a solid
b1 OS written and I think trusted os theory is very cool.

I look forward to working with all the people doing development and I hope
I can contribute as much as I hope to, I think we can get some really
radical stuff done.

--jb