Specifications for managing labels on sockets

Bjorn Augustsson august at chips.chalmers.se
Tue Dec 18 08:57:47 GMT 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 04:43:25PM -0800, Bengt Richter wrote:
> Is this of any relevance or use?
> (Just volunteering some googling results :)
>
> http://www-jta.itsi.disa.mil/jta/jta-v1.0/sect6.html#S6_3_3_1
> (in 6.3.3.1.1.1 Security Protocols) says,
> "It is expected that the Trusted Systems Interoperability Group (TSIG)
> Trusted Information for Exchange for Restricted Environments (TSIX (RE)
> 1.1) will adopt MIL-STD-2045-48501 as a replacement for its Common Internet
> Protocol Security Options (CIPSO) labeling standard."
>
> The MIL standard itself can be found via
> http://assist.daps.mil/eAccess/index.cfm?ident_number=115367
> (links to actual .pdf doc, changes, and cancellation notice)
> Apparently the standard was "canceled" 22 March 2001, whatever
> that means.
>
> FWIW, it says "approved for unlimited distribution."

Well, I can't get to it. Here's what happens:

:  Your account could not be validated as requested.  Possible reasons
:include:
:
:     1)
:       You have attempted to access an ASSIST Enterprise Access page
:without proper authorization. Access to this system is available only
:through approved web sites.
:     2)
:       Connectivity to the ASSIST database has been lost (possibly due
:to a network problem).
:
:  HTTP referer: []
:  Remote Address: [129.16.223.11]

Maybe (if it really is "approved for unlimited distribution.") it can be
mirrored somewhere?

Is this because I'm from a non-US address or are you on some kind of
network these guys trust?

/Augusti.
--
Bj|rn Augustsson      DCE/DFS Sysadmin     IT Systems & Services
Chalmers tekniska h|gskola     Chalmers University of Technology
         "Damn spooky analog crap." -- John Carmack.