Capabilities workshop, followup questions

User Datagram Protocol udp at closed-networks.com
Tue Jun 20 19:43:22 GMT 2000

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 06:25:41AM +1000, Jon Tidswell wrote:

> < .. on fork() vs threads ... >
>
> I think the argument Bart is making is that two threads sharing an address
> space necessarily share a security context.

And that's my boogaboo w.r.t Java security. Not directly relevant to this
discussion, I agree, but some of the work IBM's been doing lately raises
the question: just how secure is their role-based security in their scalable
Java server systems?

Gotta do more reading around this. I'm majorly in jobhunt mode at the moment,
have a KICKASS agent (she knows what buffer overflows are), so I'll try
and contribute later.

Hi to Rob and awr (this is me delurking)

--
Bruce M. Simpson aka 'udp'       Security Analyst & UNIX Development Engineer
                                            WWW: www.closed-networks.com/~udp
United Kingdom                            email:      udp at closed-networks.com