New version of capabilities patch online, some more status

richard offer offer at sgi.com
Thu Apr 27 22:58:34 GMT 2000

* $ from hanson at argus-systems.com at "27-Apr: 5:50pm" | sed "1,$s/^/* /"
*
* 	From my experience in working on both trusted window managers
* and X servers, there will need to be special casing in one application
* or the other. If you take the approach that the X server is left alone
* and
* the changes are in the WM, you will have alot special casing in this
* application.
* It depends if you want these changes to get back into a open source
* version
* of twm, or support multiple WMs in the future.

I'm guessing, changes will be needed in both.

Each (supported) WM would need to be changed to add the code to determine the
window label and to display it in the title bar. Also the stacking order code
would need modification to stop anything being stacked on the trusted path
window.... These seem fairly minor (if you're familiar with the internals of
the WM in question)

The server needs to be changed to export the windows securoty label so the WM
can read it (otherwise what if the WM is running at a lower MAC label than the
application ?)

richard.

Richard Offer           Widget FAQ --> http://reality.sgi.com/widgetFAQ
MTS-Core Design (Motif)