New version of capabilities patch online, some more status

Chad Hanson hanson at argus-systems.com
Thu Apr 27 22:50:34 GMT 2000

	From my experience in working on both trusted window managers
and X servers, there will need to be special casing in one application
or the other. If you take the approach that the X server is left alone
and
the changes are in the WM, you will have alot special casing in this
application.
It depends if you want these changes to get back into a open source
version
of twm, or support multiple WMs in the future. The basic screen stripe
code
would basically be the same for either as you are reserving an amount of
space
at the top or bottom of the screen. The space reserved will vary
depending
on the the size of screen which the desktop is being displayed. A less
intrusive
idea is to have an informational bar stating the security level. This is
alot
simpler, but can the stripe could be spoofed.

	-Chad