Yet another OB/CC opinion

Linda Walsh law at sgi.com
Wed Apr 19 21:12:34 GMT 2000

tfraser at tislabs.com wrote:
> I don't think the
> OB is very relevant to my goals, but that's just me.  Good luck to
> TrustedBSD, and have fun!
---
	The OB B2 equiv (LSPP) that Trusted Irix has (and we want to get into
Linux) has MAC labels composed of Sensitivy *and* Integrity.  So just getting
the flexible MAC into the OS would allow what you are talking about. In our
implementation, changing "integrity", like changing "sensitivity" is a
priviledged operation.

	So depending on how the LSPP is met it could be relevant to your goals --
since on a personal level, your goals are mine as well.  So I have this
vested interest in seeing a system that adaptable for both.

-l

--
Linda A Walsh                    | Trust Technology, Core Linux, SGI
law at sgi.com                      | Voice: (650) 933-5338