documentation for existing systems

Linda Walsh law at sgi.com
Wed Apr 19 19:22:22 GMT 2000

jont at us.ibm.com wrote:

> [ Linda, thanks for the answers. ]
>
> One way of learning what has gone before is to read the documentation ...
>
> Sun has documentation online for trusted soolaris ...
>
> http://docs.sun.com/ab2/@TopicBrowse?topic=TSol7_C&
>
> As does SGI (thanks Linda)...
>
> http://techpubs.sgi.com/ search on "trusted"
>
> As Linda pointed out (and /. readers would know) SGI put a lot of
> security code out under the GPL on http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ob1/
---
	Just to add to the above.  I think we put out all the security code we
could after stripping out code that had conflicting ownership.

	Also, the designer of Trusted IRIX had his first experience in writing
Trust code by writing the security code for Trusted Solaris (was then SunOS).
Trix became a the improved and cleaned-up redesign of his previous work --
4.05 Trusted IRIX got certified B1 in 1995.  The current versions of Irix and
Trix are in the certification process for CAPP and LSPP respectively.

-l

--
Linda A Walsh                    | Trust Technology, Core Linux, SGI
law at sgi.com                      | Voice: (650) 933-5338