Common Criteria things

Mike Owen Mike at rampart.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 18:56:42 GMT 2000

>> >Unfortunately, IMHO, that is a very bad answer.  The B1 market is dead.  Why
>> >design and build a product for a dead market?
>>
>> Well, I'm not convinced that the B1 market is dead, to be honest.
>> Trusted Solaris is chugging along quite happily, though strictly
>> speaking, it's B1+.
>---
>       Why isn't it listed on www.rainbow.ncsc.mil evaluated systems
>list?  I even see NT4 there which qual'ed in Dec, I believe.  Alot
>of other vendors but I don't think Trusted Solaris has ever had it's claims
>of B1 security evaluated.  Some one else mentioned that they might be in
>CC evaluation now...time'll tell.

Due to the way ITSEC things are done, I'm not entirely surprised most
people don't find the TSOL evaluations.. You'll find them if you search
for Solaris on the UK ITSEC website - http://www.itsec.gov.uk  I know
it's there!

As for future stuff, I saw something on their website - they're working
on CC for 7, but the actual certificate is going to apply to TSOL 8. So
it's true that 7 isn't certified, but I think 8 will be certified when
it is released, or soon thereafter. (The current certified version is
TSOL 2.51)

--
Mike
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at trustedbsd.org