'capabilities' or a plea for consistent terminology

jont at us.ibm.com jont at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 19 01:12:10 GMT 2000

Kris,

1) as I understand it the "pure" in "pure capabilities" in Eros is because
   it uses only capabilities: not capabilities and ACLs,
   nor capabilities and MLS, nor capabilities and kernel privileges, ...

2) the current usage of discussing possible security models is exactly
   the scenario where the confusion exists (if trusted BSD implemented
   capabilites[*] it would solve lots of problems)

3) the simple word privileges probably has fewer overloadings in this