OpenBSM 1.0 alpha 13 released

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 25 14:20:07 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of OpenBSM 1.0 alpha 13, the first release
of OpenBSM following the integration of Audit support into freeBSD 6.2.  The
following are the change notes from the OpenBSM history file found in this
release:

OpenBSM 1.0 alpha 13

- compat/clock_gettime.h now provides a compatibility implementation of
   clock_gettime(), which fixes building on Mac OS X.
- Countless man page improvements, markup fixes, content fixs, etc.
- XML printing support via "praudit -x".
- audit.log.5 expanded to include additional BSM token types.
- Added encoding and decoding routines for process64_ex, process32_ex,
   subject32_ex, header64, and attr64 tokens.
- Additional audit event identifiers for listen, mlockall/munlockall,
   getpath, POSIX message queues, and mandatory access control.

You can download OpenBSM from the OpenBSM project web page:

     http://www.OpenBSM.org/

This release is known to build and run on FreeBSD 7.x, FreeBSD 6.2, and RedHat
Fedora core 3 Linux.  I'd particularly like to think the following for their
contributions to this release:

     Christian Peron
     Ruslan Ermilov
     Martin Voros