Additional 64-bit token types to libbsm

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 18 12:05:59 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Diego Giagio wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/06, Diego Giagio <dgiagio at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> No problem. Attached is a patch with XML printing support that applies
>>> cleanly to HEAD as of today.
>>
>> Could anyone please review the patch? I didn't receive any response for the
>> last two days. I'm about to assume its not any good.
>
> The version after Martin's comments looked good to me, so I've submitted it
> to P4.  I'll cut a new OpenBSM release in the next couple of days that will
> include these changes and Martin's XML changes.  I'll also look at getting
> Martin's hostname changes (to include the hostname in the trail filename) in
> before doing so.

FYI, I modified the patch in the following ways in P4:

- I modified the ex variants to write out addresses in the byte order passed
   to the function, rather than in network byte order, since we assume that
   passed addresses are already in network byte order.

- I added test generation functions to openbsm/test/bsm and generated
   reference tokens.

- I removed the now-unneeded __unused qualifiers to some functions (including
   some that already existed before your patch).

Our code for generating ex tokens seems to differ slightly from OpenSolaris
with respect to handling variable length addresses: the OpenSolaris code
appears to always write out the full length 3x32-bit field for both IPv4 and
IPv6 arguments, although it's possibly they generate ex entries for only IPv6
addresses, in which case this may not have a practical import yet.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge