I would like to help

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 11 16:57:44 UTC 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:37:46 +0000 (GMT)
Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Diego Giagio wrote:
>
> > On 11/11/06, Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >> Thanks for your e-mail!  Your help would be most welcome.  There is quite a
> >> bit of work to be done; right now we're not maintaining a unified TODO list
> >> for the FreeBSD audit implementation, rather, there are a few lists
> >> scattered in various places.  You can find a short TODO list in the OpenBSM
> >> distribution (some of the items in the most recent release have now been
> >> done, FYI, so check first).  The distributed audit daemon is one of the
> >> more interesting outstanding areas to work in, but there are others that
> >> probably ought to go into a TODO list somewhere.  In my recent presentation
> >> at the FreeBSD developer summit, I identified the following areas in which
> >> interesting new work can and should be done:
> >>
> >> -Finish syscall assignments, especially for ABIs
> >>
> >> - Flesh out argument auditing
> >> - Audit + NSS
> >> - Userland sweep
> >> - Ports + packages
> >> - Language bindings
> >> - Enhance audit pipe preselection
> >> - Multiple audit pipelines
> >>
> >> - IDS/monitoring tools - Distributed audit
> > - New parsing API
> >
> > Let the work begin! I'll be sending specific e-mails to the list to collect
> > information and begin contributing. Thanks.
>
> Heh.  I actually intended to postpone that e-mail and flesh out each of the
> ideas some before sending.  Sorry about that!  I'll try again here rather than
> sending you on an excessive wild goose chase:

[SNIP]: wonderfully authored TODO list by Robert.

At one point, in www/, I placed a todo list.  What ever became
of that?  I know we never used it and if memory serves me
right we were waiting on a repo-copy?  Is there anything keeping
us from making use of that?

Thanks,
--
Tom Rhodes