BOUNCE Non-member submission from [Kris Kennaway <>]

owner-trustedbsd-audit at owner-trustedbsd-audit at
Thu Feb 2 00:40:53 GMT 2006

>From owner-trustedbsd-audit at  Wed Feb  1 19:40:53 2006
Return-Path: <owner-trustedbsd-audit at>
X-Original-To: trustedbsd-audit at
Delivered-To: trustedbsd-audit at
Received: from ( [])
	by (Postfix) with ESMTP id E10B346B20
	for <trustedbsd-audit at>; Wed,  1 Feb 2006 19:40:51 -0500 (EST)
Received: from ( [])
	by (Postfix) with ESMTP id 80BE61A3C1B;
	Wed,  1 Feb 2006 16:40:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by (Postfix, from userid 1000)
	id 44B5B52EC1; Wed,  1 Feb 2006 19:40:45 -0500 (EST)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 19:40:44 -0500
From: Kris Kennaway <kris at>
To: Mike Jakubik <mikej at>
Cc: Robert Watson <rwatson at>,
	trustedbsd-audit at,
	K?vesd?n G?bor <gabor.kovesdan at>, current at
Subject: Re: HEADS UP: Audit integration into CVS in progress, some tree disruption
Message-ID: <20060202004044.GA99245 at>
References: <20060201221213.L87763 at> <43E134AB.8000600 at> <20060201222704.G87763 at> <43E14C53.3060400 at>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/signed; micalg=pgp-sha1;
	protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4"
Content-Disposition: inline
In-Reply-To: <43E14C53.3060400 at>
User-Agent: Mutt/

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 07:03:31PM -0500, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Robert Watson wrote:
> >
> >On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, K?vesd?n G?bor wrote:
> >
> >>Do you plan to merge it to RELENG_6? If so, when? Maybe for the=20
> >>upcoming 6.1? Or only for 6.2 or later?
> >
> >It depends a bit how well this shakes out.  The code is definitely=20
> >still "experimental", in that the set of events audited is not yet=20
> >complete.  There are three general sorts of weaknesses in the set of=20
> >events currently audited:
> >With all this in mind, it is not yet ruled out that we could ship=20
> >initial "experimental" audit support in 6.1-RELEASE.  In fact, the=20
> >timing is currently such that it will be possible, assuming all goes=20
> >well, and allowing for the fact that it really will be an experimental=
> >feature and not production feature in 6.1.  We were quite careful to=20
> >merge the necessary ABI changes to RELENG_6 before the 6.0 release so=20
> >that merging it would be possible without breaking existing 6.x device=
> >drivers.
> Personally, i would like to see less "experimental" code in 6.1. Perhaps=
> it would be better to wait until everyone feels the code is ready?

Why do you care if code that is not enabled by default is present in
the system? :-)


Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (FreeBSD)


To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at
with "unsubscribe trustedbsd-audit" in the body of the message

More information about the trustedbsd-audit mailing list