svn commit: r189765 - in head: . lib/libc lib/libc/nls
delphij at delphij.net
Fri Mar 13 15:15:39 PDT 2009
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Sean C. Farley wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
>> Hi Sean!
> Hi Norikatsu,
>> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:36:07 -0500 (CDT)
>> "Sean C. Farley" <scf at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> functionality, however, the Citrus website is ambiguous about the
>> Really? > ambigous
>> Citrus is licensed under BSD License or variant (like
>> Perl or MIT). It can use with (L)GPL.
>> WWW: http://citrus.bsdclub.org/
> OK. Technically, the website is not ambiguous. It is the license that
> is ambiguous. :) At least, they claim it is:
> The license is still ambiguous at this point, but it will be either
> a BSD Style License or use perl's model. In addition, "the license
> must allow for BSD/MIT/(L)GPL uses of the code". This allows the
> possibility that it will be picked up by X or glib. However, it is
> only a "possibility". To be honest, so far there is not schedule to
> do port to glibc strictly. The X Consortium may be interested in
> iconv for its X-TT or Unicode support.
> A person offering code for this project must agree to it being
> distributed with this license condition. In addition, copyright of
> this project is added to the source code. Of course the original
> copyright is left in place as well.
IANAL but the code already included in NetBSD says. for example:
* Copyright (c)2008 Citrus Project,
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
So my understanding is that, at least these code are released under a
2-clause BSD code and we are supposed to be able to use these code under
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (FreeBSD)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the svn-src-all