Libbe/be Status Weeks ~8/9

Kyle Kneitinger kneit at pdx.edu
Sun Jul 30 11:02:17 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

This week started with a very helpful video chat with Allan on some
clarification of deep boot environment theory, existing tools, and likely
pitfalls.

Afterwards, Allan suggested a few nice additional features to add: bootenv
import/export via send/recv, and a clone-promotion if you will, where a
highly dependent clone of a bootenv is duplicated/decoupled using send and
receive on the backend.  I've been adding those in yesterday and today.

On Monday, I'll be on a quite lengthy flight to BSDCam, so with laptops all
charged up, I'll be working on the deep boot env code, starting with
create(), and then from there, the necessary mechanisms for safely
activating.

Take care,
Kyle