GSOC 2015 - NE2000 emulation in bhyve Status

Alex Teaca ionutalex.teaca at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:37:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

At the moment I am able to configure an IP address on the network interface
corresponding to the NE2000 NIC. When I ping
to the host IP, the tcpdump catches both ARP Request (sent by the guest
using the NE2000 card) and an ARP Reply
sent by the host OS. So, there is implemented the transmission protocol.
For reception, the packets are only read
from the tap device when it is notified by the mevent mechanism.

For mode details, see the commits.

Thanks,
Alex