Report #9: Unicode support

Pedro Giffuni pfg at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 27 15:28:02 UTC 2014

On 08/27/14 05:51, Dmitry Selyutin wrote:
>>> You never answered my question concerning the fallback options.
>> Really? I thought that I answered. :-D Well, I'll try to explain
>> again. DUCET seems to be a bit obsolete collation table, which can be
>> more or less successfully used with real languages. However, in real
>> world it is completely unusable, so ICU and other use CLDR collation
>> table, which supports more levels. I started with DUCET since there
>> was much more information about it, but then I found that it doesn't
>> fit well, so I switched to CLDR. We have DUCET table somewhere in our
>> revisions though; as a fallback option, it still may be useful, so I
>> can restore it if you want.

I don't see DUCET as being ever used but we are setting the old
algorithm as a fallback for CLDR.

I was just wondering how DUCET compares to the existing
algorithm. Given that DUCET is in the standard and that you
already implemented it, I thought it would be a better fallback
than the old code. It's your call though.

Pedro.