[Machine readable output from userland utilities] report

Zaro Korchev zkorchev at mail.bg
Mon Aug 18 11:01:58 UTC 2014

Hi everybody

This week I worked mostly on libsol.

I read about XML special characters. I added code that transforms special characters encountered in tag names. This ensures that tag names are valid.
I updated the documentation to reflect the changes.
I made some changes to the tools using libsol to make sure they don't use characters that will break the XML format.

I improved the configuration output format to handle special characters.

I also fixed several formatting bugs. The most interesting of them was caused by using a magic pointer value that got optimized by the compiler and lead to wrong output when using the configuration format.

Zaro