[intel smap, kpatch] weekly report #10 and #11

Oliver Pinter oliver.pntr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 15:11:44 UTC 2014

Last two week I optimized a little the code and separated machine
dependent and independent code. I identified one wrong API usage which
i should fix at next week.

The KSP framework was mostly done, and tested on real hardware w/ and
w/o XSAVEOPT and on qemu w/ and w/o SMAP.
The SMAP functionality was tested in qemu with the test framework
(what  you can find in svn repo or github).

The current status is in my wiki.

I running again to svn error, when I try to merge current head to my
project branch:

[...]
U    sys/dev/usb/usbdevs
U    sys/dev/hptnr/os_bsd.h
U    sys/dev/drm2/ttm/ttm_bo_vm.c
U    sys/dev/acpica/acpi_cpu.c
U    sys/dev/fdt/simplebus.c
U    sys/dev/hptrr/hptrr_os_bsd.c
U    sys/dev/fb/fbd.c
svn: E130003: The PROPFIND response contains invalid XML (207 Multi-Status)
op at pandora-d ~> svnlite --version
svn, version 1.8.8 (r1568071) compiled on bikeshed-malachite-topaz-amber-freebsd

What's next:
* fix the mentioned bug
* more testing
* optionally implement variable size patches (not yet required to SMAP
functionality)