Weekly report of Aug12 and Aug19

zhixiang yu zxyu.core at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 10:26:50 UTC 2013

Hi all,

During the last two weeks, I focused on emulating the control cfis and
ATA cmd. Now the reset control cfis and the following ATA cmds are
supported:ATA_ATA_IDENTIFY, ATA_SETFEATURES and ATA_SET_MULTI. The
emulated sata hard disk is recognized by FreeBSD now.

ada0 at ahcich0 bus 0 scbus0 target 0 lun 0
ada0: <BHYVE SATA DISK 001> ATA-8 SATA 2.x device
ada0: 300.000MB/s transfers (SATA 2.x, UDMA6, PIO 8192bytes)
ada0: Command Queueing enabled
ada0: 64MB (131072 512 byte sectors: 0H 0S/T 0C)
ada0: Previously was known as ad4

However, I'm a bit behind of schedule -- the ATA read/write is not
completed. In next week, I plan to finish them.

Thanks