[status report] RPS/RFS - week1

Kazuya Goda gockzy at gmail.com
Mon May 30 09:10:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

The goal of my project is to implement RPS/RFS on FreeBSD. Mono-queue NIC
can't distribute packets across multiple processors. RPS solves the problem.
RFS is the extension of RPS, which deliver packets to the CPU where
application running.

This week I got connection group patches to 9.x from Robert. He says
"hopefully,
this will improve the grounding for your project, reordering locks in
the inpcb stack
to make it easier to do alternative lookup tables, etc". So I have
read the patch
and studied what is helpful.

Next week, I continue to read patch and implements RPS.

Regards,

--Kazuya Goda