[nvi-iconv]Weekly Status Report 04+05

Tue Jun 28 07:33:01 UTC 2011

Quoting Brooks Davis <brooks at freebsd.org> (from Mon, 27 Jun 2011
13:47:10 -0500):

> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 08:19:45PM -0500, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
>> Since the for each commits in svn-soc is supposed to be compilable, I
>> created a project on github:
>> https://github.com/lichray/nvi2
>> I'm committing my file-per-file merging results. After I get my first
>> compilable result, I will move it back to svn-soc.
>
> While it's true that if you want testing you might want to keep soc-svn
> compilable, this is your personal workspace and there's no hard
> requirement that you keep it building.

I talked with him about this. So far I'm not aware of a policy chance
on our side (we already had cases where the main work was done in
another repo and it was synced from time to time), so I told I'm OK if
he put's a lot of changes per day to github and syncs from time to
time (at least once shortly before the mid-term).

I also see a benefit regarding reviewing the work, as he wants to
commit a lot of small chances to github which are all related, and the
SVN commit would be with all the accumulated chances. This way the one
can generate easily one diff and have a look at it.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
My life is a soap opera, but who has the rights?
		-- MadameX