[Status Update] Capsicum adaptation project: Week 5

Ilya Bakulin webmaster at kibab.com
Sun Jun 26 19:36:31 UTC 2011

Hi,
this is the forth update for Capsicum adaptation project.

During this week I have made some changes to syslogd(8) to support
Capsicum. Works so far, I plan to discuss my implementation with
Ben/Robert/Jon to understand if I'm doing it right way.
Looks like I will have to switch to Perforce version of
FreeBSD-capabilities, because it includes useful debugging tools that
are dependent on libcapsicum (which is not merged in HEAD yet) and
libcapsicum itself.

Next week I will implement suggested changes (I expect to get some sort
of feedback regarding syslogd stuff). Also I'm going to visit LVEE
conference in Belarus, where I will meet FreeBSD users and sysadmins and
hopefully get some new ideas.

--
Regards,
Ilya Bakulin