TCP UTO - Weekly Report 4

Catalin Nicutar catalin.nicutar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:46:28 UTC 2011

Hello!

This is the fourth report for TCP UTO.

* Short TCP UTO description
UTO stands for User Timeout Option (it is described in RFC5482). TCP UTO
specifies a peer should be allowed to advertise its chosen `User Timeout'
for a connection.
The wiki page for this project: http://wiki.freebsd.org/CatalinNicutar/TCPUTO

* Work completed last week
      * The option is now correctly sent on SYN-ACK (in syncache)
      * The granularity of the option is set when the user specifies more
      than 3600 seconds
      * The timeout suggested by the peer (tcp_input) can be retrieved using
      TCP_RCVUTO_TIMEOUT
      * I have added examples and a capture on the wiki page

* My goals for for this week
      * Begin to adapt the behavior of TCP according to the suggested
      timeout.

If you have questions, suggestions or advices drop me an email to
cnicutar at FreeBSD.org.

Catalin Nicutar