[fuse] Status report #4

Ilya Putsikau iputsikau at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:05:47 UTC 2011

Project: Finish porting fuse

I've spent last week fixing various regression bugs after initial
macfuse merge. It looks like fuse sshfs can now handle benchmark run
without random panics like original fuse4bsd does. I'm going to start
more through testing according to proposal and port rest of the
changes from macfuse next.

Fuse library should be patched to perform additional checks for rename
operation. Linux VFS checks if target directory is not under source
directory, in FreeBSD it's done by file system. This check was removed
from macfuse, but fuse file systems doesn't seem to perform check too.
I'm going to do it after finishing macfuse merge.