Collective resource limits status report #4

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 27 14:35:42 UTC 2010

Hello,

since the last status report, I've added the getjlimit() and setjlimit()
calls. They are fully implemented (unless I didn't consider some
details) in a general way that doesn't depend tightly on particular
kinds of resource limits. I've also started to implement the first limit
type, JLIMIT_NUMPROC, which is quite straightforward. But there is a bug
I'm facing in the internal structures I use for accounting. I have a
linked list of jobs, and each job entry has a head of another kind of
linked list, which stores entries of processes inside the given job. I
have no problem with the outer list but the inner one makes my kernel
crash. I double-checked those code parts and I still think they are
correct, so I couldn't figure out the problem so far. This week I
haven't merged to Perforce yet, first I'd like to make the code a bit
more stable. I hope I can accomplish it in 1-2 days. While debugging my
code, I've also written some additions to my test program, which is
supposed to be general enough and accepts various paramteres. My
intention is to use it as a regression test inside a shell script, which
will call it with different parameter sets to test different cases.

Regards,
Gabor