[Status update] sysctlreg project

Ilya Bakulin webmaster at kibab.com
Mon Jun 14 11:21:59 UTC 2010

Hi,
Here is a status report for "sysctlreg" project (make optional kernel subsystems register themselves via sysctl).
Last week I continued to add more FEATUREs to the existing code base. I now have >40 features in kern.features listing on the test kernel, opposed to 6 in such listing for GENERIC kernel.
Also at the beginning of the last week I've posted an email to freebsd-hackers@ with some questions about required functionality. The main question was if the "spoof-on" functionality is really needed. The result of this poll showed that "spoof-on" functionality need not to be implemented.

This week (14.06 -- 21.06) I will continue to add more and more FEATUREs. My plan is to finish adding Netgraph-related features by the end of this week. Also I plan to do some research work to understand how to handle sysctl change attempts in the kernel. This will be required to implement systcl change handler.
--
Regards,
Ilya Bakulin