[fsnotify] report #1

Ilya Putsikau iputsikau at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 11:02:03 UTC 2010

I've missed my first status report because wasn't subscribed to
soc-status mail list and didn't see other reports.

During the first week I've created a skeleton driver for fsnotify. The
driver creates /dev/fsnotify which is used by client to read events
and add watches. After some experiments I found out that using solely
knote to get events from vfs is very problematic because several knote
events can be combined into single one, which makes impossible finding
what really happened. I've added hooks to vfs_subr.c (very small
patch) and enqueue these events to be processed in task thread. File
modification events are going be gathered using knote.