[pkg_complete] report #6

Julien LAFFAYE jlaffaye at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 12 18:10:48 UTC 2010

Hello,

This week, I worked on pkg_add to add libarchive support.
I still need to find an elegant way to handle the SLAVE/MASTER modes of pkg_add.

The plan is to:
1) make pkg_add use libarchive, extract files directly in the final destination
2) once it works like the old pkg_add, add a top layer which check the
type of the package.
If it's a regular package, use the extract function written in 1), if
it is a complete package, iterate over the regular packages
contained into it and call the very same function to do the job.

Regards,
Julien