Making ports work with clang, report #6

Andrius Morkūnas hinokind at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:53:40 UTC 2010

Since last report I've added a way to disable PORTS_CC, because it may
not work right in certain situations. With PORTS_CC disabled, ports
behave almost exactly the same way they do in normal ports tree. The
only difference is that CC is explicitly set to "gcc" if USE_GCC wants
to use the version in base.
Other than that, I've been enjoying more clang bugs and fixed some
ports.
I have also started experimenting with a tool which should help
maintainers test their ports with clang, find common problems and
suggest solutions where it's possible.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/SOC2010AndriusMorkunas

--
Andrius