[libpkg] - report #5

David Forsythe dforsyth at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 1 20:14:39 UTC 2010

Last week I added the notion of a property list to the library, which
makes it a lot easier to adapt to changes in the format of and
contents of package manifests.  Because of the addition, I had to
write some convenience functions that will make creating and
interpreting packages (in code) a lot simpler for FreeBSD
specifically.  This meant relegating some functionality (such as
matching packages in a database) to the convenience code, and leaving
the base of libpkg quite generic.

The current iteration of the API is pretty solid, and documentation
for the base of libpkg is coming along.  At this point a complete
pkg_info replacement is possible (being written), and a complete
pkg_delete should also be possible.  I've started writing true unit
tests as well.