Status report - Native SeND APIs

Ana Kukec anchie at fer.hr
Wed Jun 3 21:24:30 UTC 2009

Hi all,

As part of Google Summer of Code 2009 I am working on a Secure Neighbor
Dicovery (SeND, rfc 3971) integration to FreeBSD.

My work will be based on DoCoMo NTT BSD licensed send 0.2
implementation.  In contrast to using netgraph and bpf a more efficient
kernel module that will hook into the ICMPv6 processing will be used.
Interaction between kernel and user space will be implemented using the
well established interfaces of routing sockets.

During the intial two weeks the following tasks have been accomplished:

send-0.2:
- code patched and got ready for compiling
- finished send-0.2 documentation -the send-0.2 work flow (the link is
available at http://wiki.freebsd.org/SOC2009AnaKukec)
- tested basic ND scenarios - host to host and router discovery
scenarios (log files are placed within the send-0.2 work flow website)

src/sys:
- introduced send-specific ICMPv6 message types
- identified the places where we have to hook in for SeND
- added send module and send.[ch] file -- preparation for SeND hooks in
ND code

If you want to follow the work, you can find it in FreeBSD's perforce
repository
[http://p4web.freebsd.org/@md=d&cd=//&c=0hb@//depot/projects/soc2009/anchie_send/?ac=83].

In case you have feedback feel free to contact me at anchie at freebsd.org.

Ana