STATUS Report - Application-Specific Audit Trails

Ilias Marinos marinosi at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Jul 19 12:30:13 UTC 2009

Hello all,

the previous two weeks I have finished the new kernel audit framework which is
based on slices. This period, I was reading and I am working with the
userspace part of the project and the audit daemon:
 - A new auditon() command for slice listing.
 - Working on a new audit trigger protocol as discussed with my mentor, to
   allow messages/trigger "tagging" for each slice.
 - Developing the right commands(in auditon() syscall) to enable auditd to
   push audit trail names for the several audit slices.

This part is a little bit complex/tricky for me but I am trying it and I
believe I am on a good way to complete it.

Best Regards,
Ilias

--
echo "Sysadmin know better bash than english." | sed s/min/mins/ \